Bad breath, also called halitosis, can be one of the most mortifying experiences. It can be even more embarrassing when the person who has it doesn't realize it until someone else mentions it - or offers a piece of gum or breath mint out of the blue. Mints, gum or mouthwashes can be temporary solutions to this problem, but we can help you get to the bottom of it. Read on to find out the hidden causes - and how to get rid of bad breath.
What Are The Causes Of Bad Breath?
- Poor Dental Hygiene. This is the most obvious one of the causes of bad breath, but still worth mentioning. If you don't brush and floss regularly, food particles remain inside your mouth and a film of bacteria (plaque) forms on your teeth. If not brushed away, plaque can irritate your gums and eventually form plaque-filled pockets between your teeth and gums (periodontitis). Dr. Sebi's Tooth Powder not only helps clean your teeth, but it also retards gum disease (periodontitis), and tooth decay, while at the same time leaving your breath smelling fresh.
- Food. Eating a diet that is full of processed food is not only detrimental to your overall health, it can also be the cause of your bad breath. Two things happen when you eat processed foods: first, you chew less so there is less friction to dislodge bacteria in the digestion process and less salivary flow. Second, bacteria love the processed sugar. As bacteria ferment the sugars in your mouth, they release acids and volatile sulfuric compounds that cause sour, foul breath. Replace processed foods with fresh fruit and vegetables (follow Dr. Sebi's Nutritional Guide), and you'll get rid of bad breath.
- Tobacco and Alcohol. There are tons of reasons why you should stay away from these harmful substances and now you can add one more reason to the list: bad breath. Smokers and tobacco chewers are most likely to suffer from gum disease. Alcohol causes bad breath because it dehydrates you, causing the salivary flow to decrease and increasing the acidity inside your mouth, which causes bacteria to multiply. Dr. Sebi's Viento can help you fight the cravings so you can quit tobacco and alcohol right away.
- Coffee. Caffeine dehydrates your mouth and causes acidity in your entire body, including your mouth. This dehydrating, acidic effect, combined with the fermentation of milk or sugar residue in our mouth often contributes to dry, sour breath. Quit drinking coffee right away, and instead have a cup of one of Dr. Sebi's special herbal tea blends.
- Toxicity. Bad breath can also be caused by indigestion problems or built-up toxins in the body. Fight back against the toxins accumulated from years of bad habits, with one of Dr. Sebi's cleansing, detoxifying packages, which will cleanse your body from the inside out at a cellular level.
In the next newsletter, find out how to keep your eyes as healthy as possible. After all, we only get one pair!