It’s the dead of night, you’re wide awake, and you have to be up early in the morning. No matter what you try, sleep doesn’t come and frustration builds up. Does this sound familiar?
More than one third of the US population suffers from a sleep disorder, and 20% of adults simply aren’t getting enough. But, why is sleep so important? And what happens when we don’t get enough? The dire, and deadly, consequences of sleep deprivation are growing at an alarming rate. Learn how to keep your brain and body safe!
Inflammation is an overlooked cause of insomnia. Bacterial toxins leaking from the gut elevate stress hormones, and reduce oxygen flow to the brain, making it impossible to get to sleep.
“When oxygen fails to reach the brain, you cannot sleep.” – Dr. Sebi.
The Happy New You Package provides a convenient cleanse from the substances stopping you from sleeping, allowing your body to rest and rejuvenate much more effectively.
Why Do We Sleep?
Until the 1950’s, it was believed that the brain and body didn’t do anything during sleep. Since then, experts have discovered that there’s a lot going on while we’re slumbering.
Most people need between 7 and 9 hours of sleep every night to wake up feeling restored. While you sleep, the body completes a range of restorative physical processes:
- Reinforcing the cardiovascular system.
- Review and repair of cells and cell structures.
- Cell replication and cell re-cycling.
- Conversion of fat into accessible units.
- Consolidation of memories and emotions.
- Rewiring of nerve cells in the brain.
- Cleansing of waste metabolites in the brain.
- Replenishing stocks of neurotransmitters and nutrients in the brain.
Sleep is a vital ‘nutrient’; it's an activity that we should spend a third of our lives doing. Sleep deprivation is not a disease; It’s caused by lifestyle choices, including toxic nutrition. We are kept awake by acidic mucus in the brain driven by inflammation.
“He was sleeping because the mucus left the brain!” - Dr. Sebi.
6 Big Problems with Sleep Deprivation
Lack of sleep is cumulative. Sleep deprivation has the ability to disrupt your entire hormonal setup, making everything else more difficult, including:
1. Increasing Your Cravings for Acidic Foods
When you don’t get enough sleep, the hunger hormone, ghrelin, is increased, while the appetite-controlling hormone leptin is decreased. This amplifies your desire for sweet and starchy foods. A double whammy of issues if you give into the temptation!
2. Increasing Your Risk of Crashing
Every year, there are 6,000 fatal accidents as a direct result of drivers not getting enough sleep. Decreased reaction times and hand eye coordination do not mix well with driving or operating heavy machinery.
3. Increasing Your Disease Risk
A lack of sleep compromises your immune system. Adults not getting enough sleep have a 33% greater risk of getting dementia. The risk of getting heart disease doubles, and the risk of getting type 2 diabetes triples. Your risk of anxiety, depression and irritability also goes up dramatically.
4. Over Stimulating Your Emotional Responses
A lack of sleep will make you feel more anxious and fearful as the inflammation builds up neurologically, keeping you stuck in fight or flight. Even minor loss of sleep will make you more emotional than usual and unable to see why.
5. Shrink Your Testicles
Most men will agree: this is horrible news! According to sleep experts, men that sleep five hours or less every night have noticeably smaller testes than men that sleep 7 hours or more. The same consistent lack of sleep also impairs female hormones and reduces fertility.
6. Slow down healing and stop weight loss
You cannot heal or lose weight without sleep. These critical tasks only happen when you are offline and unconscious.
Rest is Rejuvenation
Sleep is essential. Not only for the proper functioning of your brain and body, but also to reduce the risk of disease, prevent cravings, and maintain your body. Answer the following questions honestly and reflect on your responses:
- Do you get 7-9 hours of sleep per night?
- Do you get high quality sleep? If not, why?
- Do you go to bed before midnight? If not, why?
- Do you get up easily, feeling refreshed? If not, why?
- Do you avoid blue light and devices 2 hours before bed?
- Do you have a consistent sleep schedule? If not, why?
- Could your sleep be improved? What actions will you take?
The Happy New You Package can help repair damage caused by sleep deficit. Clear the way for a fresh start to your year while empowering your health. How would you like to transform?
- Mind - eliminate toxins that impair your ability to think clearly and sleep easily.
- Mood - reduce brain inflammation making you cranky and unstable (especially in the morning).
- Mojo - enhance your libido by clearing stagnation, and boosting sex hormones.
- Move - make exercise more enjoyable.
- Maintain - give your immune system some support so it can build new strong cells.
- Memory – increases your ability to access and store the information you need.
- Motivation - enhance production of hormones that get you going mentally.
The Happy New You Package contains five healing compounds that optimize cellular rejuvenation. With this package you can: release toxins from every organ; flush out waste; calm inflammation; reduce cellulite; enhance blood flow and oxygenation; support lymphatic drainage; mineralize cells; increase detoxification; stimulate metabolism; expel heavy metals; soothe the gut; and nourish yourself at a cellular level.
If you want to heal and harmonize your body, it’s vital you prioritize your sleep tonight. Don’t get into a sleep debt; ensure your immune system is kept in credit. Pace yourself in life and never skimp on sleep - it’s an essential nutrient!