Chaat salad is a classic Israeli salad, fusioned into an Indian chaat. As nutritious as it is delicious!
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced into cubes
- 1/2 cup sun-dried cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium seeded cucumbers, diced into cubes
- 1/2 onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/4 habanero powder
- Sea salt, to taste
- 5-6 tablespoons approved herbs
- 3 tablespoons fresh key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons date syrup
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine together the chopped cherry tomatoes and sun-dried cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, chickpeas, and approved herbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk the key lime juice and date syrup together. Season with sea salt and cayenne pepper, and pour over the salad.
- Mix until the salad is coated evenly with the dressing.
- Refrigerate for 20 mins for a more refreshing salad.
- Garnish with key lime wedges and approved herbs.