This chickpea avocado "toast" is a healthy and satisfying way to start your day!
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup spring water
- ½ large avocado
- 1 tbs finely chopped bell pepper
- Juice of ¼ of a key lime, or more to taste
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper
- 3 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup watercress
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Place the chickpea flour and sea salt in a bowl and whisk to remove any large lumps. Add the spring water and whisk until smooth. Leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Lightly coat the pan with grapeseed oil and use a ladle to pour the batter into the pan.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface before flipping and cooking for a further minute. Place on a plate lined with paper towel to cool while cooking the rest of the batch.
- To make the topping, scoop the flesh out of the avocado and place into a small bowl. Add the bell pepper, key lime juice, sea salt and cayenne pepper and roughly mash. Check the seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Place the avocado mixture on top of the chickpea "toast" and top with cherry tomatoes, olive oil and a little salt and oregano. Add the watercress on the side.
- If you have leftover "toast," let it cool and portion into zip lock bags or wrap in cling film and freeze.