Hemp seeds contain all 9 essential aminoacids and are rich in minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus, zinc and iron. They are also delicious when paired with fresh vegetables and pasta!
- 1 and 1/2 cups hemp seed hearts
- Juice of 2 key limes
- 1/2 cup spring water
- 1 cup packed basil leaves (approx. 20 leaves)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 12 ounces uncooked approved-grain pasta (like spelt pasta or wild rice pasta)
- 2 cups arugula
- In a large pot, cook pasta as directed on the package.
- Meanwhile make the sauce by combining 1 and 1/2 cups hemp seed hearts, juice of 2 key limes, 1/2 cup spring water, 1 cup fresh basil leaves, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt in the bowl of a blender or a food processor then blend until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides in between blending.
- Strain the cooked pasta then rinse with cold water. Shake the excess water off then add it back to the pot along with the sauce and stir until the pasta is thoroughly coated.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and the arugula to the pot and toss everything together. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.