- 1 1/2 cups homemade approved-veggie broth
- 1 medium onion, small dice
- 16 oz. mushrooms (any kind, except shiitake)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup homemade sesame tahini butter
- Fresh (approved) herbs for garnish
- Cut onion into small cubes, and thinly slice mushrooms.
- Heat heavy skillet over medium heat. Swirl in 2 tablespoons of veggie broth and sautée onions for 2-3 minutes to soften.
- Stir in mushrooms, sea salt and cayenne pepper and continue to cook over medium heat. Stir occasionally and keep cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup more broth to deglaze the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until mushrooms begin to caramelize.
- Stir in the homemade sesame tahini butter, reduce heat and simmer 3-4 minutes so everything is heated through. If mixture is too thick, pour in remaining broth and mix well.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs. Taste for seasoning, adding more sea salt and cayenne pepper if desired.