Soft and delicious, Dr. Sebi's Apple Hemp Muffins have the added bonus of the extra-nutritious hemp seeds. These muffins will surely please both kids and adults!
- 2 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 2/3 - 3/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 tsp date sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup mashed apple (use a food processor or high-speed blender)
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 3/4 cup homemade walnut milk
- 1/3 cup (seeded) raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Stir through until well combined.
- In another bowl, combine the mashed apple, agave syrup, homemade walnut milk, and mix together.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, and gently fold and mix through, until just combined (do not overmix).
- Spoon the mixture into a muffin pan. Bake for 21-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Makes 12 large muffins.