This gravy is thick, creamy and full of flavor!
- 2 – 3 cups spring water
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (any kind, except shiitake)
- 1/2 cup onions
- 3 tbs. garbanzo bean flour
- 2 tbs. grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Add grapeseed oil to frying pan over medium to high heat.
- Saute mushrooms & onions for a minute. Add in all spices and seasonings except for cayenne, and saute for another five minutes.
- Add 2 cups of spring water and cayenne pepper. Mix everything well & bring to a boil.
- Begin sifting in the flour a little at a time and stir with a whisk to minimize lumps. Use an immersion blender to bring it to a puree consistency. Continue to cook to a boil, adding remaining water if desired.