Now that you know why you should wave meat goodbye, you're ready to try Dr. Sebi's Portobello Mushroom Burgers! A delicious and simple marinade for these grilled plump portobello mushrooms makes a burger that even a meat lover will enjoy!
- 6 large portobello mushroom caps
- 4 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp key lime juice
- Extra veggies: bell peppers, onions, mushroms, etc.
- Sea salt and Cayenne pepper to taste
- To prepare Dr. Sebi's Portobello Mushroom Burgers, begin by mixing together the marinade ingredients into a small bowl.
- Place the mushroom caps cap side down in a 9x13 baking dish and pour the marinade over the top. Let the mushrooms soak in the marinade for about 30 minutes, occasionally brushing the tops of the mushrooms.
- Grill mushrooms for 5-7 minutes per side beginning with cap side down. Continue to brush the mushrooms with the marinade while they are cooking.
- Serve on toasted (approved-grain) bread with your favorite toppings, or with mixed vegetables.
If you enjoyed Dr. Sebi's Portobello Mushroom Burgers, head over to Dr. Sebi's Official Instagram Page and share it with the community! We'd love to have you there!