Dr. Sebi's Portobello Tacos are full of flavor! Smoky, spicy, and "œmeaty", these plant-based tacos are hearty and delicious!
- 2 extra-large portobello mushrooms
- 2 red bell peppers
- ½ a red onion
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 8 homemade kamut flour tortillas
- 1 key lime
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper, or any other approved seasonings, to taste
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- Avocado (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Slice the portobellos into ½ inch thick wedges and slice bell pepper into ½ thick strips. Cut the onion into ½ inch thick rings or half-moons.
- Brush both sides of mushrooms liberally with the grapeseed oil, then use the remaining on the red bell pepper, tomatoes and onion lightly. Sprinkle portobellos with sea salt, cayenne pepper, and any approved seasoning or spices of your choosing.
- Roast 20 minutes or until portobellos are fork-tender.
- When ready to serve, warm the tortillas, and divide the portobellos and vegetables.
- Serve the portobello tacos with avocado and key lime.
If you try Dr. Sebi's Portobello Tacos, don't forget to take a picture of them, post it on Instagram, and tag @drsebiscellfood.