This super simple Spring Salad is the perfect fresh, nutritious side-dish for any meal.
- 2 cups approved greens
- 1 cup plum tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cucumber, seeded
- 1 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 key limes
- 1/4 cup approved herbs
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Roughly chop the greens, seeded cucumber, plum tomatoes, and red onion.
- Mix together the vegetables with the chickpeas (garbanzo beans) and avocado in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and key lime juice. Season with sea salt and cayenne pepper and pour over the vegetables.
- Decorate with the approved herbs of your choice.
- Let the flavors sit together for about 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy.