Salad dressings are normally full of sugar, preservatives, and other additives that can be easily avoided when you make your own.
Pair this deliciously creamy hemp dressing with a salad loaded with fresh, seasonal fruits.
- 2 pitted dates, soaked in hot water for 15–30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed Seville orange juice
- 2 teaspoons key lime juice
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 cups approved greens like lettuce (all kinds, except Iceberg), or arugula
- 1 peach, pitted
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- Blend all ingredients for the dressing together in a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Toss the greens and fruits with the dressing.
- Season with sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Sprinkle more hemp seeds on top of the salad. Let the flavors marinate together for at least 20 minutes, and serve.