Hemp hearts are incredibly versatile and nutritious. These hemp hearts cookies are tasty enough for dessert, but healthy enough for breakfast (and who doesn’t want to eat cookies for breakfast?)
- 2 cups spelt or amaranth flour
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 3 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons hemp seed hearts
- 1 tablespoon spring water
- ½ teaspoon date sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine spelt flour, chopped walnuts, sea salt, and hemp seeds, and give a quick mix until combined.
- Into your dry mix add grapeseed oil, agave syrup, and spring water, and mix well until combined.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, then divide your cookie mix into 7 equal portions rolled into balls.
- Place on the baking tray then push flat using the back of a fork. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden then remove and let cook for 15 minutes.