This creamy, warm hemp-hearts porridge is the cold-weather breakfast you were waiting for!
- 1 1/2 cup homemade walnut milk
- 2/3 cup hemp hearts
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp amaranth flour or ground walnuts
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp unsweetened soft-jelly shredded coconut
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 very ripe burro banana, mashed
- Agave syrup, to taste
- Optional: Brazil nuts or (approved) fruit for topping
- Bring the homemade walnut milk to a boil in a medium saucepot and add in the hemp hearts, amaranth flour, sea salt and mashed burro banana.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir until the porridge is thick.
- Sweeten with agave syrup, if desired. Serve in two bowls and top with brazil nuts or sliced fruit.