This simple homemade Hemp seed butter recipe can be made using only ONE ingredient!
You can use it as a dip for fresh fruit, or spread on your (approved-grain) toast.
- 1.5 cups hemp seeds hulled (also known as hemp hearts)
- Date sugar or agave syrup to sweeten to taste (optional)
- Blend the hemp seeds in a high-speed processor/blender. It's best to do so at intervals so the seeds (and machine) don't overheat. For a smooth hemp seed butter, blend for about 5-6 minutes, with breaks every 2-3 minutes.
- Taste the butter and add date sugar or agave syrup to your liking.
- Once the homemade hemp seed butter is ready, transfer it to an airtight glass container and keep this in the fridge for 1 month. It can also be frozen, for longer.