Serve this electrifying pâté recipe as an appetizer, as a dip for veggie crudités, or try it as a sandwich spread (in approved-grain bread, of course!)
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- ¼ cup minced onions
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms (baby bella), coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, until starting to lightly brown, about 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until their liquid is almost evaporated, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add thyme, sea salt and cayenne pepper and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes more.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and walnuts, and pulse until very finely chopped, about 30 seconds. Serve garnished with thyme, if desired.