These lunch boxes are a great idea to use leftover veggies and have a healthy, easy, fulfilling meal at the same time.
- Lime dill tahini dressing
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup homemade raw sesame "tahini" butter
- 1/4 cup warm spring water
- 3 tbsp key lime juice
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1.75 cups spring water
- Roasted vegetables
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz. mushrooms (any kind, except shiitake)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 cups approved-greens
- 1/2 cup homemade chickpea hummus
- Make the dressing first. In a small bowl combine the onion powder, dill, sea salt, cayenne pepper, raw sesame "tahini" butter, spring water, and key lime juice. Stir or whisk until smooth. Refrigerate the dressing as you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Begin by cooking the quinoa following the instructions on the package. Empty the cooked quinoa out into a casserole dish, spreading it out to increase the surface area. Refrigerate the dish with the quinoa until you're ready to assemble the meal preps.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Place the cherry tomatoes onto a large baking sheet. Slice the onion into 1/4-inch strips. Cut the zucchini into 1/4-inch wide half-rounds. Cut the mushrooms in half. Mix the vegetables together on the baking sheet. If there are too many to fit in a single layer on the baking sheet, divide them between two baking sheets.
- Add the grapeseed oil, and sea salt to the vegetables. Use your hands to mix the vegetables and seasoning, until the vegetables are well coated in oil.
- Roast the vegetables in the preheated 400ºF oven, stirring every 15 minutes, until the vegetables are browned on the edges. Allow the vegetables to cool for about 10 minutes at room temperature.
- To build the meal prep bowls, place one heaping cup of greens in each dish. Add 1/2 cup of the cooked and cooled quinoa on top of the greens. Divide the roasted vegetables between the four containers, then add 2 tbsp hummus to each dish.
- Divide the dressing between four small dressing containers. Refrigerate the salads and dressing for up to 4 days.