This delicious and satisfying recipe provides gluten-free crisps packed with nutrients and hemp seeds.
Makes 29 servings.
- 1 and ⅔ cups of walnuts
- 1 zucchini cut into 4-5 pieces
- ¼ cup of spelt flour
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp of spring water
- Food processor (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees F.
- Using a food processor or other method, grind walnuts into a fine texture, much like sand. Avoid turning the walnuts into a paste. Transfer walnuts into a bowl.
- Place zucchini into your food processor until the zucchini is minced.
- Add your hemp seeds, spelt flour, zucchini, sea salt, and 2 tbsp of water into the bowl with the walnut mixture and stir until a sticky dough forms. Then stir in the 3rd tbsp of water if needed.
- Spread onto a baking sheet as evenly as possible. Then, cut the dough into your desired shapes using a knife, spatula, can, or cookie-cutter shape.
- Bake for 3-4 hours at 200 degrees. Once the tops are dry, remove them from the baking sheet and let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Enjoy these crisps as a snack or with your favorite soup or salad.