Dr. Sebi instructed all of his followers to avoid wheat, and especially to not eat it in its usual form in wheat bread and pasta.
This is not just because so many people have an intolerance to the protein gluten, but because wheat bread quickly turns to sugar, and thus to acid, inside your body.
Gluten intolerance is a lot more common than you might think, and it can provoke a ton of problems. Here’s what wheat bread and pasta will probably get you:
Symptoms of Gluten Sensitivity or Gluten Intolerance
- Gas, bloating, diarrhea, and constipation. Even small amounts can cause severe abdominal and digestive problems.
- Inflammation, swelling, or pain in your joints such as fingers, knees, or hips. This is exactly what Dr. Sebi predicted. But it can also provoke…
- Severe migraine headaches.
- Fatigue and lethargy and inability to concentrate.
- Keratosis Pilaris, skin bumps especially on the arms. Often this is the result of fat not being properly absorbed and caused by gluten damage to the intestines.
- Neurological symptoms like vertigo, dizziness, and problems maintaining balance.
- Autoimmune problems like Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, lupus, psoriasis, scleroderma, and multiple sclerosis.
- Severe menstrual cramps, and fertility problems.
- Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue which is likely difficult to diagnose.
- Other mood disorders like anxiety, depression, mood swings and ADD.
Eliminating wheat entirely from your diet will bring marked and notable improvement to almost all of the conditions above.
Remember, Dr. Sebi’s Nutritional Guide spells out the grains that are safe to eat. And these are the best alternative to wheat, whether you suspect a gluten intolerance or not.
- Quinoa (see below)
- Wild Rice
They’re not just alternatives, either. They also taste great in hundreds of different recipes, and they’ll leave you feeling better than ever before (go check out Dr. Sebi’s YouTube Channel for more recipes!).