A Fall-inspired Pear Walnut Salad featuring wild arugula, sweet juicy pears, crunchy walnuts, and a simple dressing to bring it all together.
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup of agave syrup
- Small pinch of sea salt
- 8 big handfuls of wild arugula
- 2 large pears
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of key lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175 °C). Mix walnuts with 1 tablespoon of agave syrup and a pinch of sea salt. Spread out on a lined baking tray and bake for 7 to 8 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Add the rest of the agave syrup, the key lime juice, the olive oil, and a pinch of the sea salt to a small jar. Put the lid on and shake well.
- Wash the pears gently and halve them lengthways. Remove the cores with a teaspoon then cut each half into long thin slices.
- Add the arugula and sliced pear to a large salad bowl. Sprinkle over the cooled walnuts and drizzle generously with the dressing just before serving.