Are you worried about your gallbladder health? Eating a low-fat diet can help manage and reduce gallstone symptoms. This recipe for Dr. Sebi’s Fat-Free Muffins, is delicious, fat-free, and packed with good-for-you ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 2 large peaches about 2 cups, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mashed burro banana
- 2 tablespoons warm spring water
- 2 teaspoons key lime juice
- 1 1/4 cups homemade walnut milk
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup date sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare your muffin pan by oiling it with a little grapeseed oil.
- Peel the peaches (if they are very ripe, the skin may easily peel off; if not, dip them in boiling water for 30 seconds and allow to cool before peeling) and remove the pit. Chop into 1/2-inch pieces. Mix with agave syrup (optional) and set aside.
- Add the key lime juice and walnut milk to the mashed burro banana and combine well.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sea salt, and date sugar. Mix well.
- Add the liquid ingredients and stir just until combined; batter will be thick. Fold in the peaches, making sure they are distributed throughout the batter.
- Fill each muffin cup to within 1/2-inch of the top. Smooth the top of each muffin and, if desired, sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes. Allow the muffins to cool before serving.