You can use the tamarind paste from last week’s recipe for this delicious “tamarind water”, which is ideal to accompany your fast.
- 100g tamarind pulp
- 600ml boiling spring water
- 2 liters fresh spring water
- Agave syrup or date sugar
- Pour boiling water over the tamarind pulp, and leave to soak for 20 minutes.
- Break the pulp up with a fork, and strain the mixture into a bowl using a sieve. Press as much pulp through as possible using a spoon, and scrape any tamarind puree from the underside of the sieve into the bowl.
- Mix the resulting liquid with a liter of fresh spring water.
- Sweeten with agave syrup or date sugar to taste.