Fasting is a practice that has had a recent rise in popularity in the last few years, even though it dates back for centuries, and plays a central role in many cultures and religions. Dr. Sebi himself was a huge advocate of fasting, and he would do it frequently to maximize the healing and cleansing benefits from his cell food compounds. But what is it, exactly? And what are the benefits of fasting? Let’s find out!
How Do You Fast?
Fasting is the voluntary abstinence or reduction from some or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time. An absolute fast or dry fasting means abstaining from all food and liquid, but other types of fasts involve consuming water, liquids, or even certain foods. Dr. Sebi used to accompany his fasts with agua de tamarindo (tamarind water), and since he wasn’t ingesting food, he also consumed certain products like Green Food and Bromide Plus to nourish his body. Green Food amplifies the blood-purifier and cleansing effects of fasting, while also strengthening and improving the respiratory, digestive, immune, and nervous system; Bromide Plus is a great energizer and revitalizer, and it has all the necessary nutrients and minerals, so they are both great products to complement and sustain your body during a fast.
Fasting can also have different time periods, but Dr. Sebi didn’t recommend any specific method or time period for fasting, as everybody will react differently to it, and fasting is not for everyone. He believed it’s essential to follow your body’s inner wisdom, so we encourage you to listen to your body and be aware of its reactions when you try fasting.
We recommend that you start by following the Nutritional Guide and let your body adapt slowly to it; skip one meal a day until you build up to a full day (if you can) and move on. Adhering to Dr. Sebi’s Nutritional Guide is essential; either to break the fast or during the window of time that you’re allowed to eat. When you fast, digestion and other metabolic functions are put on hold. All energy goes towards healing and cleansing your body, so it’s vital to break the fast with the proper foods. Soups based on the Nutritional Guide, are ideal since they are nutrient-dense and easy to digest, like this delicious Creamy Plum Tomato Basil Soup.
What Are The Benefits Of Fasting?
Fasting has helped many people reach their health goals and improve their overall lifestyle. Keep reading to find out about the health benefits of fasting.
- Fasting Promotes Blood-Sugar Control. By decreasing insulin resistance, which means your body is more effective at transporting glucose from your bloodstream to your cells, fasting improves blood-sugar control. This benefit is more clearly found in short-term intermittent fasting; for example, abstaining from food for 18 hours a day, and eating in a six-hour window.
- Fasting Fights Inflammation. As we’ve talked about before, inflammation is a side effect of consuming too many acidic-forming foods, toxins, or by being around a toxic environment. Inflammation is also involved in the development of chronic conditions, such as heart disease, cancer, multiple sclerosis, and rheumatoid arthritis. By fasting for only 12 hours a day, it is possible to reduce inflammation, which aids in treating the diseases mentioned above.
- Fasting Enhances Heart Health. Heart disease is one of the leading causes of death around the world. By making lifestyle changes, such as following Dr. Sebi’s Nutritional Guide, and incorporating fasting into your routine, it is possible to decrease high blood pressure, triglycerides, and cholesterol, all of which can lead to heart disease.
- Fasting Boosts Brain Function. Fasting does good things for the brain, and this is evident by all of the beneficial neurochemical changes that happen in the brain when we fast. It also improves cognitive function, increases neurotrophic factors and stress resistance, and reduces inflammation. You can boost the brain benefits of fasting by consuming Banju while you fast. Dr. Sebi’s Banju stimulates the brain and helps in the treatment of diseases related to the central nervous system, such as depression, anxiety, irritability, and insomnia.
- Fasting Can Delay Aging and Increase Longevity. Looking to live longer? Try incorporating fasting into your routine, as it’s proven to delay aging and increase longevity to those who practice it along with other healthy lifestyle choices.