Have You Heard? Mangoes Are Where It's At!
By now, we all know that to have optimal health and protect ourselves against disease, strictly following Dr. Sebi's Nutritional Guide is the way to go. However, there might be some fruits you might want to get more of, and mangoes are one of them! With their sweet, rich flavor, the "king of fruit" might not need any extra hyping up from us - you might already love it! Here are 5 impressive benefits of mangoes that will make you want to run to the market and get some of this yellow, juicy gem.
5 Impressive Health Benefits of Mangoes
- Mangoes support eye health: Mangoes contain lutein and zeaxanthin, two antioxidants that protect your eyes from harmful UV rays, slow the progression of cataracts and macular degeneration and can even increase your visual range. If you want to further protect your eyes and provide them with much-needed rest and cleansing, try Dr. Sebi's Eyewash.
- Mangoes improve your sugar regulation: Even though mangoes are sweet and yummy, their fiber, antioxidants, and other active bio components help regulate your blood sugar levels, according to a recent study by Oklahoma University.
- Mangoes improve skin and hair health: The nutrients in mangoes help with the maintenance of epithelial tissues, such as skin, nails, and sebaceous glands. They also help with the production of collagen, which provides skin elasticity and helps prevent wrinkles and sagging.
- Mangoes boost your immune system: The combination of nutrients in this delicious fruit increases the production and activity of white blood cells, which makes you less susceptible to infections.
- Mangoes may protect against cancer: They are chock-full of minerals, antioxidants, and polyphenols, compounds that protect your DNA against damages that may lead to degenerative diseases such as diabetes and cancer. In a recent study, it was even found that they may suppress the growth of breast cancer cells.
Have these amazing health benefits convinced you to eat more mangoes? Try the Scrumptious Mango Cheesecake to get your daily dose of this fruit, and head over to Dr. Sebi's Instagram Page to let us know what you thought about the recipe!