Hidden deep within your brain, the pineal gland is regulating daily and seasonal rhythms in response to sunlight. Unfortunately, accumulating neurotoxicity, inflammation, and calcification, is silently crushing this critical gland.
The pineal-body is a pea-size pinecone-shaped endocrine gland weighing just 0.1g and floating in its own pool of cerebrospinal fluid, above the roof of your mouth. It contains photoreceptive cells that switch on, and off, hormone and neurotransmitter production on or off in response to sunlight.
Seeds, greens, avocados, and burro bananas - make sure you fuel pineal production. Dr. Sebi taught us that "Real Soul food is food that enhances the Soul, our central Sun, our carbon. Fruits, vegetables, grains, this is REAL food."
The pineal gland controls other endocrine glands, interlinking the brain with the body via hormones and neurotransmitters. Acting like a biological-clock, the pineal gland coordinates our interaction with the sun:
- Rhythms: sleep and wake cycles, seasonal responses.
- Reproduction: fertility levels and sex hormone production.
- Regulation: growth, body temperature, and blood pressure.
- Immune: activation, tumor suppression, cell rejuvenation.
Neurotoxins and Calcification
Toxins cause inflammation, reduce mental efficiency, and deregulate hormone production. Sleep disorders, depression, and neurodegeneration (e.g. Alzheimer's) are all associated with calcification of the pineal gland.
Deposits of chalky calcium restrict the gland, reduce its size, and impede the production of neuro-endocrine substances. The pattern of pineal calcification is similar to teeth-enamel, and fluoridation (water and toothpaste) is linked to the destruction of this enigmatic gland.
Detoxification, Relaxation, and Nutrition
Chronic inflammation causes calcification. Reducing exposure to inflammatory neurotoxins begins to restore the correct mineral balance, and decalcify the pineal gland:
- Fluoride: highest concentration in the body found in calcified tissue in the pineal gland.
- Chlorine: public water is bleached with chlorine, associated with neurological birth defects.
- Aluminum: leaches from pots, pans, and foil, associated with plaques seen in Alzheimer's.
- Sugar & chemical sweeteners: over-stimulate and damage neurons, reduce dopamine.
- MSG & derivatives: confusingly labeled, many processed foods include this neurotoxin.
- Endotoxins: bad bacteria in the gut produce toxins that inflame the gut and brain.
- Stress: prolonged fear is toxic, causes the amygdala to shrink, and emotional fatigue.
The next step is supporting the brain to clear the waste and rejuvenate:
- Sleep: at night the brain is 'washed' clean, detoxified, and replenished with nutrients.
- Hydration: to bathe the brain and pineal gland you need to keep fluids flowing.
- Meditation: like exercise for the brain, rewires, and strengthens your emotional health.
- Berries (except cranberry): reduce free radical damage and nourish with flavonoids.
- Coconut oil: alternative fuel for the brain which produces less oxidative damage.
- Apples, seeded grapes & prunes: are high in boron which naturally displaces fluoride.
- Tamarind: increases fluoride output in urine, helps retain zinc and magnesium. Fresh organic tamarind pulp or paste is easily mixed with water into a sweet and sour flavored drink, add a little agave if the taste is too lip-puckering!
Stress and Support
Relaxation is important for brain detoxification, to reduce fear, get quality sleep, and activate the immune system. Dr. Sebi's Stress Relief Tea calms the mind helping you relax and get to sleep more easily.
Dr. Sebi's powerful neuro-tonic, Banju, is renowned for its ability to both relax and focus the mind. The powerful herbal concoction supports brain detoxification, relaxation, and mental health, making Banju ideal for your bedtime routine.
The brain can heal when toxins are removed, and detoxifying nutrients are provided. Saturate your brain with nutrition to master control of your pineal gland and align yourself to the sun.