This tamarind paste can be mixed with water to create a refreshing drink, or used as a seasoning to give your dishes a sweet and sour flavor!
- 250 gr of natural tamarind
- 3 cups of spring water
- Clean the tamarind. Check for any seeds, skin, or unwanted particles and discard them. Meanwhile, heat 2 cups of water.
- Soak the tamarind in 2 cups of hot water for about 45-60 minutes.
- Once the tamarind is soft, blend in a high-speed blender until very smooth.
- Pass the resulting mixture through a sifter. Discard any stones, seeds, or debris.
- Boil the resulting pulp for 5 minutes over medium flame.
- Once the paste is completely cooled, store in airtight containers.
Hop over to Dr. Sebi's Official Facebook Page and let us know how you are planning to use your All-Natural Tamarind Paste!