A satisfying, anti-inflammatory recipe made with wholesome, nutritious ingredients. This Veggie Medley is a perfect dinner option for the entire family!
- 2 tsp grapeseed oil, divided
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 4 cups homemade vegetable broth (made with approved vegetables)
- 1 tsp fresh approved herbs
- 4 cups watercress or any other approved greens, chopped
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon date sugar
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tsp grapeseed oil. Once hot, add the walnuts and date sugar. Lower heat to medium. Stir walnuts and date sugar, cooking for 3-4 minutes. Watch closely to prevent burning. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 tsp of grapeseed oil over medium-high heat. Add cubed butternut squash and cook 5-8 minutes until browned.
- Pour in homemade vegetable broth and add the minced approved herbs. Bring to a simmer then lower to medium. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the squash is tender. Add more broth if needed to keep the squash just covered.
- Once squash is cooked, add chopped watercress or any other approved greens and simmer for additional 2-3 minutes until wilted.
- Turn off heat and add cooked and cooled quinoa. Stir to combine. Serve hot sprinkled with walnuts.