Warm and savory, this Butternut Squash and Tomato Soup makes a great wintertime lunch or dinner entree that will help you beat the Winter blues.
- 1 butternut squash (medium-small, unpeeled and quartered)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Grapeseed oil
- 1 onion
- 8 ounces homemade approved-vegetable broth
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the butternut squash, onion and tomatoes on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle grapeseed oil over them. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables plus the juice in the pan into a blender along with the homemade vegetable broth and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture into a pot. Simmer for about 5 to 6 minutes. Season to taste.