This fruity quinoa salad is a perfect summer dish filled with fresh fruit and tossed with a delicious lip-smacking orange dressing!
- 1 cup dried quinoa, rinsed
- 1 ¾ cup spring water
- 5 cups approved greens (like wild arugula, dandelion greens, lettuce, etc.)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 peach
- Sliced avocado, optional
- ⅓ cup Seville orange juice
- 2 teaspoons homemade sesame "tahini" dressing
- 2 teaspoons key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- In a small pot, add quinoa and spring water. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove lid and let rest for 10 minutes, fluff with a fork.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the citrus dressing. Set aside until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, add the greens and fruit. Pour dressing over top and toss well to coat.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled in individual bowls with optional sliced avocado on top.