Water Is The Nutrient We Are All Lacking
Water has a unique atomic arrangement, giving it unusual natural properties. Water's electrical dipole allows it to transport dissolved minerals and support biological reactions. Hydration is critical for health, yet 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
Thirst and Dehydration
Your body is over 60% water; Dr. Sebi recommended drinking a gallon of pure spring water daily to maintain this optimal hydration. Dehydration is a 1% drop in body fluids; a 2% drop reduces physical performance by 40%.
Dehydration also impairs mental performance, but we rarely notice the dip in mood, memory, or clarity of thought. Thirst is triggered 15-20 minutes after starting to experience the effects of dehydration. Listen to your body; look out for symptoms, to prevent dehydration:
- Fatigue: Feeling tired, low energy, sleepy, or unmotivated.
- Halitosis: Insufficient saliva allows bad-breath causing bacteria to build-up.
- Skin: Less elastic (pinch to test), more wrinkled, dry, feels hot, or flushed.
- Dizzy: Specifically on standing as dehydration impacts blood pressure.
- Cramps: Water carries electrolytes to muscles needed to prevent cramps.
- Temperature: Water regulates temperature; dehydration causes fever or chills.
- Headaches: Build-up of pressure between brain and skull, reduced fluid cushion.
- Cravings: Desire for salty or sweet foods to re-balance blood electrolytes.
- Confusion: Mental energy-reduced; memory, and ability to think are diminished.
- Urine: Darker color is 2-5% dehydration; should be clear with a hint of yellow.
Certain tissues require more water than others: bones need 31% water; muscles and kidneys need 73% and the lungs 83%. A moist environment in the lungs facilitates oxygen transport. The kidneys need controlled hydration to create ionic-gradients to filter blood.
- Breath: You exhale the equivalent amount of one cup of water per day via air humidification in the lungs.
- Sweat: You expel the amount contained in two cups through pores daily, removing toxins and regulating temperature.
- Urine: You release about six cups of water daily to remove waste products and regulate blood volume.
Dr. Sebi taught us that "if nature didn't make it, don't take it" and this applies to the water used to hydrate and flush our cells.
- Tap or Processed Water: Full of chemicals and industrial impurities.
- Alkaline Water: Typically a health gimmick, not high-quality.
- Well Water: Not filtered through the earth, high in calcium.
- River Water: Polluted, rare to find without contaminants.
- Mineral Water: Quality depends on source and processing.
- Snow or Glacial Water: Hard to find, check for contaminants.
- Filtered Water: Carbon filters can remove many impurities.
- Thermal Water: Comes out of the Earth hot, alkaline, and purified.
- Distilled Water: Its lack of minerals does not make it recommended for daily intake. We only recommend it for teas, because it strips the nutrients from herbs. In the absence of Distilled water for tea, regular spring water can be used.
- Spring Water: Contains minerals, naturally alkaline and filtered. This is the recommended water and the one you should be drinking every day.
Sips and Tips
As the weather warms, drink more water to prevent dehydration, before it impacts energy and mood:
- Fruits: Watery fruits, like melon, are 90% water, they hydrate and nourish.
- Handy: Keep your spring water near you, to ensure hydration is at the front of your mind.
- Taste: Add a squeeze of key lime to add flavor and electrolytes.
- Tea: Hot or cold, teas represent a flavorsome nutritious way to hydrate.
- Thirst: Assume you are thirsty before you feel it, make hydration a habit.
- Hunger: Drink before reaching for a snack or meal, hydrate before hunger.
- Fun: Make drinks enticing with herb springs, fruit slides, and sustainable straws!
Dr. Sebi's Bromide Plus Capsules are a natural diuretic, encouraging water and nutrients to flow through the body. Densely packed with easy to absorb bioactive minerals, Bromide Plus Capsules restore mineral balance and hydration. Mineral rebalancing naturally stimulates thirst, suppresses appetite, increases urination, and enhances mood and alertness.
Spring water is critical for moving nutrients in and out of cells; without water life quickly ceases to exist. Ensure you maintain optimal mood-boosting and energy-enhancing hydration to keep blood flowing and nourishing every aspect of your wellbeing.
Want to hydrate naturally? Prepare this amazing "Sunburst" Juice, and let us know what you think in the comments below!