Our bodies tell us when we need food and when we’ve had enough to eat. But these signals are subtle and get lost amongst addictive foods.
Real food creates true fullness; do you know how that feels?
Dr. Sebi's Green Food Plus is densely packed with the vitalizing nutrients, fats, and phytonutrients you need to experience true nutritional satisfaction.
“Makes me feel full... energetic as well!” – Sheree Williams on Green Food Plus
What Makes us Full?
As soon as you begin eating, chewing, and swallowing food, the sensation of fullness begins. As your stomach expands, nerves send signals up to the brainstem and hypothalamus – the parts of the brain that control hunger – letting it know food is on its way.
Your digestive system responds to the food you are eating and produces various hormones that let the brain know what’s being digested. These hormones travel through the bloodstream until they reach the parts of the brain that control hunger.
As we continue to eat the hormones gradually shift, communicating we have had ‘enough’ to eat. But we often continue to eat beyond this hormonal point of satiety for a variety of reasons:
- Emotional Eating – whether it’s due to boredom, stress, anxiety, or even happiness, eating is a common strategy for avoiding strong, uncomfortable emotions. The problem is: food cannot satiate emotional signals.
- Fatigue – when you’re tired your hormones make you want to eat more, even if your body doesn’t need it. This need for extra energy is a desperate measure, what you really need is sleep.
- Dehydration – often what we think of as hunger is actually a desire for hydration. Thirst is a relatively weak signal, and most people leave it too late. Drink 1 gallon of spring water daily.
- Peer Pressure – we become the five people we spend most of our time with, and this is especially true when it comes to mealtimes. Stop eating when you have had enough and only eat the foods you personally align with.
- Eating for Fun – it’s easy to forget that food is meant to provide us with nourishment. Some people only see food as a source of pleasure, not realizing it has become a substitute for joy or excitement in their lives.
- Nutritional Lack – one of the main reasons we keep on eating even when physically full (or even overfull) is we haven’t consumed enough micronutrients.
Have you ever eaten junk food, and been hungry again a short time after? If so, you’ve experienced empty calories – the main unofficial food group of the Standard American Diet (SAD.)
Processed foods are laden with sugar, salt, and chemical additives, but devoid of micronutrients. They contain non-natural ingredients our bodies don’t recognize, so we struggle to digest them. They are high in calories but lack nutrition – so they put us in a nutrient deficit and stimulate a drug-like desire to eat more.
If we don’t eat enough nutrients we keep on eating and will never feel truly full or satisfied with food. Fortunately, by sticking to foods on Dr. Sebi’s Nutritional Guide, you can experience the joys of nutritional satisfaction. Many people find they feel full eating smaller portions of nutritionally satisfying alkaline food.
Real Food is Filling
Real foods, made by Mother Nature, make you feel full and provide a steady dose of energy:
- Fiber-Rich Foods like fruits, vegetables, and grains take longer for your system to digest, extending the feeling of fullness to last longer.
- Nuts like walnuts, Brazil nuts, and raw sesame seeds are rich in healthy fats. They fill you with energy and make a convenient and tasty snack.
- Ancient Grains like amaranth, rye, and quinoa are loaded with minerals, antioxidants, and fiber to keep your stomach feeling full.
To ensure you are filling up on everything you need to drive nutritional fullness, Dr. Sebi created Green Food Plus. The intense nutrition, made with legendary alkaline herbs like Irish Sea Moss, Bladderwrack, and Nopal, provides lasting nourishment throughout the day.
Appetite is proportional to nutrition, not portion size. Don’t let your body get confused by food. Stick to real foods and fill yourself up on the delicious alkaline nutrition that satisfies your body, not your addiction.
“You don’t have to eat less. You just have to eat right.” – Dr. Sebi.