Breathing is an automatic function, and normally, you take your lungs and your lungs' health for granted. But you shouldn't! Keep reading to find out how to take care of your lungs and protect your respiratory system.
The lungs have the vital function of taking oxygen from the environment and transferring it to the bloodstream, and they also play an essential role in many other processes of your body.
Why Is Your Lungs' Health So Important?
- They Keep Your Body Alkaline. The lungs help with the pH balance of your body. When they detect a rise in acidity, they increase the rate of ventilation to expel carbon dioxide faster.
- They Filter Blood Clots. To prevent "air embolisms", the lungs filter out small blood clots from the bloodstream.
- They Protect Your Heart. The lungs serve as a sort of "airbag" for the heart, absorbing the shock and protecting it in certain types of collisions.
- They Protect Your Body From Infections. The lungs trap pathogen agents that cause infection and expel them from the body by exhalation.
- They Regulate Blood Flow. The lungs can vary how much blood they contain at any moment. This function can be useful, for example, during exercise, when they interact with the heart and help it function more efficiently.
- They Help Your Body Detox. Seventy percent of waste is eliminated through your lungs just by merely breathing.
As you can see, to keep our bodies ticking over nicely, it's important to take care of your lungs. They are a cog in the wheel that makes our bodies work effectively. Keep reading to find out how can you take care of your lungs and your respiratory system's health.
Tips To Take Care Of Your Lungs And Protect Your Respiratory System
- Quit Smoking. If you're a follower of Dr. Sebi's Cell Food, then you know that smoking is a huge NO. Cigarette smoke narrows the air passages in the lungs and makes breathing more difficult. It causes chronic inflammation or swelling in the lung, which can lead to chronic bronchitis. It's also the main cause of lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), not to mention many other illnesses such as heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, erectile dysfunction, vision loss, bladder cancer, and rheumatoid arthritis. It's never too late to quit smoking to protect your respiratory system and lungs' health. If you're trying to quit, Dr. Sebi's Viento can help you fight the cravings while cleansing your body at a cellular level.
- Avoid Secondhand Smoke. Passive smoking, or secondhand smoke, can be as harmful as lighting up the cigarette yourself. Each year in the US, secondhand smoke causes 42,000 deaths from heart disease and 3,400 deaths from lung cancer. Opening a window or turning up a fan just won't cut it, so make sure you make your car and home smoke-free, and ask people around you not to smoke to protect your respiratory system.
- Avoid Outdoor Air Pollution. Air pollution speeds up the aging of the lungs and increases chronic lung disease risk. It also irritates your lungs, nasal passages, and throat. To protect yourself and take care of your lungs, try to check the air pollution levels in your area, and avoid going outside when they are high. Dr. Sebi's Cold/Cough Herbal Tea can help you relieve the symptoms associated with exposure to outdoor air pollution. You can also use a mask, which can filter out up to 95% percent of the gases and fine particles that make up air pollution. Another thing you can do is fill your house or office with indoor plants. Plants can help filter out contaminants and cleanse the air around you and your loved ones, while also boosting well-being and healing.
- Eat Healthy Foods. Sticking to Dr. Sebi's Nutritional Guide can help keep your lungs healthy and boost your immune system to fight infections. Water is also essential for healthy lungs since dry lungs are more prone to irritation, so keep guzzling the recommended gallon of spring water every day.
- Exercise. Getting enough exercise makes your lungs stronger and better at giving your body the oxygen it needs. It also helps to boost your body's ability to fight germs that could make you sick. Dr. Sebi's Immune Support Herbal Tea also helps protect your lungs and immune system's health. Elderberries, its main ingredient, reduces swelling in mucous membranes, including the sinuses, and relieve nasal congestion. It's ideal for helping boost the immune system and take care of your lungs.