Ginger tea is a great way to aid your digestion, detoxify your system, and increase your body’s production of white blood cells, which help protect your internal system from disease and infection. Ginger root tea is more potent (and delicious) than any dried tea bag bought at the supermarket.
- 2 tablespoons of fresh ginger root, roughly 2 inches
- 4 cups of spring water
- 1 tablespoon of fresh key lime juice
- 1-2 tablespoons of pure agave syrup, to taste
- Peel the fresh ginger and slice it thinly — this helps increase the flavor
- In a small pot, add the water and ginger and boil for at least 10 minutes. If you want a stronger tea, add in more ginger and boil for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain.
- Add in your key lime juice and pure agave syrup.
- Enjoy hot or cold. Store leftover tea in the fridge for the next day.