Nearly 15% of adults have gallstones; over half have the gallbladder removed to end the excruciating pain. Unfortunately, surgery doesn't resolve the nutritional-root of the issues, which often return. Conversely, nurturing the gallbladder health can resolve a myriad of mysterious symptoms, and significantly improve your nutritional health.
Bile and the Gallbladder
Bile contains 'biological-detergents' (bile-salts that dissolve fats) and cholesterol. Bile-salts are recycled while cholesterol is excreted with waste from the liver in bowel movements. This out-flow of bile keeps the liver healthy, removing toxins, and it regulates cholesterol levels in the blood.
The liver produces three cups of bile (also called 'gall') every day, some is concentrated and stored in the gallbladder (located underneath your ribs on the right side of the body). Bile flows from the liver through the gallbladder, and into the intestine via bile ducts. If the gallbladder, or nearby pancreas, are inflamed, this slows bile flow, and fat can accumulate, clogging narrow ducts.
Pain and Discomfort
If bile flow is impaired (due to inflammation, malnutrition, toxins, dehydration, or stress) then it becomes thick and can harden into stones. When the gallbladder contracts (to squeeze bile into the intestine) any inflammation, obstruction, or stones cause discomfort.
The pancreas and gallbladder work together to dissolve and digest fats. Diets high in sugar cause inflammation in the pancreas, aggravating the gallbladder. Inflammatory dietary-toxins reduce our ability to extract nutrients or make hormones. Reduced bile flow also increases liver toxicity, preventing the activation of thyroid hormones. Dr. Sebi said that the "food that we eat is the very substance that causes the whole hormonal structure of the body to go haywire!"
Poor bile flow is often misdiagnosed, as diverse issues impact the whole body. Do you experience any of these early-indicators of gallbladder stress, or poor gallbladder health?
- Pain: inflammation causes 'referred nerve pain' in the neck, shoulder, and jaw.
- Migraine: headaches and nausea caused by inflammation of the phrenic nerve.
- Allergy: chemical sensitivity (itching, sneezing, hives) as toxins not processed.
- Unsatisfied: craving sweet or fatty foods after eating; not satisfied when full.
- Constipated: not enough bile to lubricate the intestine or stimulate peristalsis.
- Bloated: digestive issues and belching indicate incomplete digestion in the gut.
- Uncomfortable: indigestion after large or fatty meals, acid reflux, stomach pain.
- Bowel Movement: pale in color (light yellow-brown) or floating (fatty) indicates poor digestion.
- Depressed: the mood is regulated by nutrients and hormones that need essential fats.
- Skin: Dry or uneven, small bumps on tops of arms, easy to bruise, adult acne.
- Night: reduced night vision, problems staying asleep at night.
Correct nutrition can restore healthy bile flow, and help stones dissipate naturally. Eat only approved foods from Dr. Sebi's Nutritional Guide to support bile production and help it flow freely from the body.
- Fruits: Apples, all berries (except cranberry), and key limes.
- Greens: Bitter tasting leaves (arugula) and herbs (dandelion).
- Vegetables: onions (sulfur) and garbanzo beans (packed with fiber).
- Fats: used to build bile (avocados, soft-jelly coconuts, olive oil).
- Timing: avoid eating 3 hours before bedtime and reduce snacking.
- Hydration: drink 1 gallon of spring water daily to keep bile flowing.
To kick-start your journey to nutritional health, and help bile flow, Dr. Sebi developed nutritional formulations that address the real issues: malnutrition, inflammation, and toxicity.
- Dr. Sebi's Bio Ferro cleanses the blood, supporting detoxification, and flushing out waste, while helping you develop metabolic flexibility and reduce inflammation.
- Dr. Sebi's Green Food provides bio-active minerals, purifying polyphenols, and antioxidants to reduce oxidative stress, nourish the liver, and boost the immune system.
- Dr. Sebi's Viento naturally increases energy, reduces cravings and suppresses appetite, while enhancing mental and physical stamina, increasing oxygenation, and improving emotional stability.
Your gallbladder stores an amazing biological elixir that aids digestion, removes toxins, and regulates fats. This makes bile critical for your health. Keep your bile flowing to radically and rapidly boost your nutritional health!
We want to hear from you! Tell us your experiences with gallstones, bile, and gallbladder health. Head over to Dr. Sebi's Official Facebook page and tell us your experiences with gallstones, bile and gallbladder health!