Warm, filling, and comforting, you can change the flavor profile of this recipe by choosing different topping combinations. You'll love the versatility of this Amaranth Breakfast Porridge.
- ½ cup amaranth
- 1 ½ cups spring water
- ¼ cup homemade walnut or soft-jelly coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons date sugar or agave syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- Combine the amaranth and spring water in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir every once in a while, as the amaranth may stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the homemade walnut or soft-jelly coconut milk, agave syrup or date sugar, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Stir vigorously until the porridge is creamy.
- Remove from the heat and serve.