Benefits of Sea Moss
Irish Sea Moss was one of Dr. Sebi's go-to herbs for cleansing, fasting, and daily nutrition. This unique red macro-algae has a very unusual triphasic life cycle, and the remarkable ability to metabolize halides (iodine, chlorine, fluorine, and bromine) which makes it an invaluable nutritional tool. Rediscover the magic of the sea, by learning the benefits of sea moss!
What is Irish Sea Moss?
Chondrus crispus (more commonly known as Irish Sea Moss) is an immensely nutrient-dense that provides essential micro-nutrients, phytochemicals, and beneficial plant material. It grows in cool coastal waters in different parts of the world.
Coming from humble origins, Celtic moss now retails as a luxury super-food, with prices matching its profound nutritional levels. Also known as carrageen moss, it is currently enjoying a resurgence in popularity as people seeking high-strength nutrition are increasingly making it a staple in their daily diets. Sadly, the profit potential is reducing quality and many people struggle to find a trustworthy supply.
Dr. Sebi said "Seamoss comes from the ocean. It locks onto a rock, onto a ROCK. And from that rock, it receives its nutrients." Farmed and pool varieties grow bigger (up to three times the size) but, as Dr. Sebi said they "give you a whole lot of mucilage, not sea moss."
Benefits of Irish Sea Moss
Sea Moss has been attributed many health benefits, it's even fondly known as "Viagra of the Sea, it is packed with an astonishing array of potency enhancing and revitalizing minerals, but that's not all it's good for:
- Nutrition: 90% of our essential minerals, rich in magnesium plus detoxifying fiber, pectin, and sulfur.
- Thyroid: extremely rich in iodine, and raw 'ingredients' to make thyroid hormones.
- Lungs: expectorant, rich in potassium chloride, dissolves mucus, clears congestion.
- Brain: neuro-protective, reduces oxidative damage, and cerebral inflammation.
- Digestion: works as a mild laxative, feeds good bacteria, demulcent soothes gut, and aids digestion.
- Metabolism: reduces appetite, increases satiety, boosts metabolism, promotes weight-loss.
- Immune: helps remove heavy metals from the gut, neutralizes radiation, builds anti-oxidants.
- Hormones: Improves hormonal balance, boosts sexual desire, increases testosterone
- Sexual: promotes sexual function Dr. Sebi said, "your reproductive organs would definitely love it."
Methods of Use
Make desserts and savory treats or add Sea moss to soups and smoothies. After soaking in water, and boiling, the long-chain plant polysaccharides form a multi-purpose versatile gel.
- Smoothies: add to green smoothies or juices to add texture and minerals.
- Soups: thicken vegetable broths, or liquidized cooked vegetables.
- Cooking: egg-substitute for baking, bind vegetable patties, and thicken sauces.
- Desserts: simmer soaked moss with walnut milk and agave for panna-cotta-style pudding.
Dr. Sebi made the nutritional power of sea moss easier to consume with his powdered formula. He enhanced the effects by adding another 'rockweed' to augment the electrifying benefits. Dr. Sebi's Bromide Plus combines the highest quality sea moss with nutritionally dense bladderwrack.
Bromide Plus provides immune-boosting nutrition to replenish your endocrine system, reduce the risk of disease, boost metabolism, and increase circulation. Improve your iron levels and oxygenation, reduce age-related eye damage, and prevent arthritis! Boost your mind and strengthen your bones, cleanse the blood, and clear the lungs.
Dissolve fat, reduce appetite, and fight free radicals with an easy-to-use powder that can be added to teas, soups, or smoothies, or easy-to-swallow capsules.
The sea provides powerful nutrition that isn't available on dry land, and Dr. Sebi took these nutritional gifts and told the world about them, dramatically increasing their popularity. Confirm the quality of your sea moss, and rinse very well before use, or opt for the simplicity of a powder that Dr. Sebi formulated especially to make it easier for you.
Have you tried Dr. Sebi's Bromide Plus? Let us know if you prefer powder or capsules, over at Dr. Sebi's Official Facebook Page.