When you were a kid, you probably learned that brushing after every meal and before bed could help you prevent cavities. But did you know that good oral hygiene can go way beyond having a bright smile and pleasant breath? Check-out these five unexpected benefits of paying attention to your oral hygiene:
1) Better Gum Health. If you don't brush and floss properly, harmful bacteria can build up in your mouth, creating a mucus-like substance called "plaque". Excess plaque can cause inflammation in your gums and can lead to gum diseases, such as gingivitis and periodontitis, which in turn can cause tooth loss and many other harmful consequences!
2) Lower Risk of Heart Attack. Small wounds in your gums caused by gum disease can cause bacteria from your mouth to travel to your bloodstream, increasing the chance of heart attacks by up to 50%!
3) Less Chance of Infertility. As we learned before in Dr. Sebi's methodology, inflammation is the underlying cause of a myriad of diseases. If you have poor oral health, the inflammation from your mouth could spread to your reproductive organs, affecting your ability to conceive a baby. Another good way to ensure that your reproductive organs are working as they should is with Dr. Sebi's Estro. Containing 22 different flavonoids, Estro is a terrific antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, formulated especially for maintaining women's reproductive health.
4) Better Blood Pressure Control. Those with healthier gums have lower blood pressure as compared to those with gum diseases like periodontitis. One way you can further control your blood pressure is by regularly drinking Dr. Sebi's Blood Pressure Balance Herbal Tea. Made with Mexican Handflowers, also known as "flor de manita", Dr. Sebi's Blood Pressure Balance Herbal Tea is intended to regulate your blood pressure while also reducing cholesterol and improving cardiovascular health.
5) Healthier Lungs. When you have poor oral health and gum diseases, you may inhale those bacteria into your lungs. This can cause respiratory infections such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and pneumonia! Couple good oral hygiene with a cup of Dr. Sebi's Cold/Cough Herbal Tea and you'll be good to go! This herbal tea made with "Gordolobo" not only helps you out with cold and flu-like symptoms - but it can also be used for the treatment of bronchitis, laryngitis, and pneumonia.