Make an alkaline-electric pesto to add to pasta, pizzas, salads, sandwiches, and other approved, plant-based delights. It will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
- 50g walnuts
- One large bunch of basil , roughly chopped
- 150ml olive oil, plus extra for the jar
- ½ key lime, juiced
- Toast the walnuts in a small pan over a low heat for 3-4 mins. Set aside to cool.
- Blitz the walnuts with the remaining ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Season to taste.
- Spoon the pesto into a jar and top with a thick drizzle of olive oil.
- Enjoy with your favorite pasta or salad.