This easy, plant-based quinoa salad recipe features the classic flavors of Middle Eastern cuisine. You'll love it!
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- ¼ teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup seeded, finely chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup finely chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- Juice of 1 key lime
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water and drain.
- Bring 1¼ cups of spring water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the quinoa and oregano, and return to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat, fluff the quinoa with a fork, and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- While the quinoa cools, combine the cherry tomatoes, red onion, seeded cucumber, roasted red pepper, basil, and key lime juice in a medium bowl. Stir in the cooled quinoa and season with sea salt and cayenne pepper.