This is a filling, warming and delicious soup that will have everyone asking for seconds!
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 1 pound mixed fresh mushrooms (all kinds, except shiitake), chopped
- 1 medium size zucchini, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- Sweet basil, to taste
- 4 cups homemade, approved-vegetable stock
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Heat the grapeseed oil in a medium sized heavy base pan over medium heat and cook the onion until softened and translucent, approximately five minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, basil and bay leaves and cook for approximately five minutes. Then add your zucchini, cooking until the vegetables release their juices, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Add the stock to the vegetables and bring to a boil then immediately reduce the heat and simmer for five minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves from the soup, and season with sea salt and cayenne pepper.