This refreshing drink is served by roadside vendors all over Mexico. A delicious and nutritious way to quench your thirst!
- 8 cups cubed seeded watermelon, (about 6 pounds with the rind), divided
- 1 cup spring water, divided
- ⅓ cup date sugar, divided
- ¼ cup fresh key lime juice
- 4 cups spring water, well chilled
- Optional: key lime slices, for garnish
- Combine half of the watermelon, half of the spring water, and half of the date sugar in a blender and puree.
- Pour through a coarse strainer into a large container.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 with the remaining watermelon, water, and date sugar.
- Stir in the key lime juice.
- Add the 4 cups of chilled spring water or refrigerate for about 4 hours.
- Garnish and enjoy!