This rich and creamy dish is simple enough to make for a mid-week dinner.
- 8 ounces wild rice
- 8 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 pound cremini or button mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Approved herbs of your choice
- Bring 5 cups of spring water to a boil. Stir in the wild rice, then reduce heat so liquid is just simmering. Cover and cook until grains just begin to pop, about 40 minutes. Drain excess liquid from rice and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat up the grapeseed oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they have released their liquid and are golden brown, about 8 minutes; remove to a plate. Repeat with the remaining oil and mushrooms.
- Return all the mushrooms to the skillet and season with sea salt and cayenne pepper, to taste. Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated but mushrooms are still moist.
- Mix mushrooms into prepared rice and season again with sea salt and cayenne pepper.