This easy quinoa salad pairs the crispy freshness of cucumber, key lime, and basil.
It’s a simple salad that can be served as a side dish or as a meal on its own.
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup seeded, finely chopped cucumber
- ½ cup finely chopped roasted red bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped green and yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- Juice of 1 key lime
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water and drain.
- Bring 1¼ cups of spring water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the quinoa and spices and return to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove the pan from the heat, fluff the quinoa with a fork, and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- While the quinoa cools, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, roasted red pepper, fresh green and yellow bell peppers, basil, and key lime juice in a medium bowl. Stir in the cooled quinoa and season with sea salt and cayenne pepper.