This creamy watercress soup is not only comforting and delicious, but also a light, nutritious meal that will fill you up with plenty of energy to conquer the rest of the day!
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- ¼ onion, peeled and diced
- 3 large bunches of watercress, stalks removed
- 1 cup spring water
- 1 cup soft-jelly coconut milk
- 4 pinches sea salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Heat the grapeseed oil in a large saucepan over a low heat. Add the onion and sweat gently for 3–5 minutes until softened and translucent.
- Turn up the heat, add the watercress and wilt for 2 minutes. Watercress varies in its intensity of flavor. If your watercress is very peppery, cut off the entire stalk, but if it is mild, retain some of the stalk.
- Boil your spring water and add it to your saucepan, add seasonings, and bring to a boil (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from the heat. Purée the soup in a blender with the soft-jelly coconut milk until it’s very smooth. You may need to do this in a few batches.