This easy dairy-free take on the caprese salad is a no fuss appetizer that everyone will love.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado – cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Cut the avocado in half, lengthwise, and remove the pit. Carefully peel off the skin and cut into ½-inch pieces.
- Wash and dry the basil leaves.
- Add a piece of avocado to a cocktail skewer, then a folded basil leaf, and then a tomato, stem side on top. Feel free to layer more if the skewer is large enough.
- Arrange the skewers on a platter and drizzle the olive oil evenly over the top of the skewers.
- Feel free to grind sea salt and cayenne pepper on top if desired. Enjoy!