This creamy tomato soup is so good it will heal your body... and soul!
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 tsp grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup homemade soft-jelly coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a square casserole dish, add the cherry tomatoes. Top with the grapeseed oil and sea salt. Mix well using your hands or wooden spoon. Place in the oven and roast for 30 minutes (or until the skin can be peeled off easily).
- Oil the outside of the bell pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove both the tomatoes and bell pepper from the oven and let them cool (about 5 min). Peel skin from the tomatoes and bell pepper. It should peel away very easily at this point.
- Place the peeled tomatoes, red pepper, and any juices from the roasting into a saucepan. Use an immersion blender to blend everything together until its silky smooth.
- Place the pan on medium to low heat. Add the coconut milk, sea salt and cayenne pepper to the soup. Mix well and let it heat for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to soup bowls and garnish with fresh basil before serving.