Cleansing doesn’t mean giving up delicious food. Savor the flavors of summer in a healthy, no-guilt zucchini boat.
- 4 zucchinis
- 1 cup mushrooms (any kind, except shiitake)
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil
- Approved herbs of your choosing
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray grapeseed oil all over a large baking dish that fits the length of the zucchinis.
- Cut the zucchinis in halves lengthwise. Use a teaspoon to scoop out the flesh of the zucchinis carefully.
- Cook the filling by sauteing the mushrooms, onions, walnuts, and zucchini filling in a pan with grapeseed oil. Season with sea salt, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
- Use a spoon to fill the hollowed zucchini boats with the filling.
Cover pan loosely with foil and bake for 10-15 minutes or until zucchinis are cooked through. Serve covered in approved herbs.