This cake has a light, spongy and moist texture that you'll love. Not to mention being a good source of calcium thanks to the Seville orange.
- 1 ½ cups spelt flour
- ½ cup date sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup grapeseed oil
- 1 cup Seville orange juice
- 2 tablespoon orange zest from 1 ½ Seville oranges
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C for at least 10 minutes.
- Lightly coat with grapeseed oil and flour 9 inch round cake pan. Keep it aside.
- Take dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk it well so everything gets incorporated.
- In another bowl take wet ingredients and whisk well
- Add wet to dry, and whisk till all comes together and becomes a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Tap it lightly on your counter, it will help to remove air bubbles from the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Always check 2-3 minutes before the mentioned time. Check by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, then the cake is ready.
- Let it cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes. Run the knife around the edges to loosen the cake. And remove it to the cooling rack.