A fresh twist on this classic Middle-Eastern dish. The Avocado, Apple, and Walnut Hummus has a light nutty-crunch, balanced citrusy-tones, and a soft creamy texture. Ideal dinner party starter, buffet dish, or snack. The walnut hummus keeps for 3-5 days in the fridge, or freeze in ice-cube trays for an accessible nibble (frozen hummus cubes quickly defrost at room temperature).
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 3.5 oz (100g) dried garbanzo beans
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons tahini (ground sesame seeds)
- 2 or small onions, finely chopped
- 2 key limes, juiced
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1.5 fl oz (50m)l spring water
- Pinch of cayenne or African bird pepper
- ¼ apple, diced
- 4 walnuts
- 1 cucumber, sliced diagonally (or any approved veggie you'd like to dip!)
- Soak dry garbanzo beans overnight (12 hours) in spring water.
- Alternatively, unsoaked beans can be cooked in a pressure cooker (45 minutes).
- Cook soaked garbanzo beans in a pan of boiling water (medium heat, 30 minutes) until soft.
- Blend cooked garbanzo, avocado, tahini, onion , lime, salt, and water (slowly add more water as needed).
- Sprinkle chopped apple, walnuts, and a pinch of cayenne pepper and serve with sliced cucumber.
If you enjoyed the Avocado, Apple, and Walnut Hummus, hop over to Dr. Sebi's Cell Food Official Facebook page and share it with the community!