Now that you know all the incredible benefits of bananas, try this recipe for Banana Nut Muffins!
- 1 1/2 cups approved-flour
- 3/4 cup date sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 medium ripe burro bananas , mashed
- 3/4 cup homemade walnut milk
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice
- 1 medium ripe burro banana, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- To prepare your Banana Nut Muffins, begin by ṕreheating your oven to 400F (200C). Lightly grease the cups of a muffin pan or fill with 12 non-stick liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mashed banana with all of the wet ingredients. Add the wet into dry, and mix until it's just starting to come together. Be careful not to over mix. Add in the chopped banana and walnuts and give it 3 to 4 more stirs.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin pan and finish by sprinkling extra walnuts on top (optional). Bake for 22 to 26 minutes until the muffins have risen and are golden brown on the edges, and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before enjoying.
Did you enjoy the recipe for Banana Nut Muffins? If you bake them, share them with us on Dr. Sebi's Cell Food Instagram!